CHEMICAL PATHOLOGY + IMMUNOLOGY
The Department of Chemical Pathology provides comprehensive biochemical diagnostic and Clinical Services to Barau Dikko Teaching Hospital, other Hospitals/Clinics, Health Centre and General Practioners within and outside Kaduna State.
- Provision of accurate biochemical investigations.
- Provision of interpretative comments on the laboratory reports of special investigations.
- Offer services for the diagnosis, treatment and monitoring of metabolic disorders, inborn errors of metabolism.
- Oral glucose tolerance test
- Triple function test
- Dexamethasone Suppression tests
- Water deprivation test.
- Insulin stress test
- Glucose suppression test/exercise tests for growth hormone reserve
- Urine acidification tests
- Synathen/Tetracosactrin stimulation test.