HAEMATOLOGY + BLOOD TRANSFUSION
The Department of Haematology and Blood Transfusion is concerned with problems with the red blood cells, white blood cells, platelets, blood vessels, bone marrow, lymph nodes, spleen, and the proteins involved in bleeding and clotting (hemostasis and thrombosis). Our hematologist are medical doctors who apply this specialized knowledge to treat patients with blood conditions.
The service component of the department involves provision of both clinical and laboratory services to the public.
- Haematology clinic where patients with haematological disorders like sickle cell anaemia, leukaemia, aplastic anaemia, etc are seen.
- A thrombosis and bleeding disorder clinic where patients with haemophilia, venous thromboembolic and other benign haematologic disorders are seen.
- The consultants provide on-ward patient consultations.
- Routine manual and automated blood counts and morphological profiling.
- Coagulation screening and specialized haemostasis investigations.
- Transfusion medicine services, which include but are not limited to blood grouping, antibody screening and blood/blood product provision, and investigations for Haemoglobinopathies.
|TUESDAY||Consultants Ward Round|
|FRIDAY||Ward round consultant on-call|